Thursday, 21 May 2015

Moja najlepsza przyjaciółka means my best friend



I've always wanted to believe that life is like the sweet, happy comedy films I’ve watched and continue to watch or the joyful books I’ve read, where people go out of their way to make an effort, whether through small deeds or via glorious magnificent gestures. Perhaps that’s because I’ve had a lot of tough times and escapism is my way of coping. I also always wanted to have a female best friend. I’ve had a few females who I thought were friends in the past, alas they were not. 

Then back in April 2011 I went on a two day course in Social Networking, I wanted to learn but was also feeling lonely, so the thought of being around others appealed to me. I wasn’t expecting to meet anyone who I’d keep in touch with. I spied a lovely lady who sat at the table in the corner by herself. She was wearing bold primary colours, but seemed shy, and on the second day she seemed so lost and was tearful. I later learnt that something very upsetting had happened to her the previous evening.

At break time, I noticed she was going outside, as I guess she didn’t want to draw attention to herself whilst she was crying. I followed her and announced myself quietly. I told her I could see she was upset and that if she wanted to talk I was more than happy to listen. I also told her that if she didn’t want to talk that was fine too. An amazing smile appeared across her beautiful face (a smile that I am now truly blessed to see often), I offered her a hug and she gladly accepted.

That’s how our friendship began and is still going brilliantly 4 years later.

Aggie endures my hyper moments, she tolerates me when we’re staying in a hotel and I find it hard to wake up in time to get out of the room for check out, she takes care of me and cheers me up when I’m unwell (mentally unwell or physically), she supports my dreams, she makes me smile and laugh, usually both, and is an expert hugger.




Despite Aggie telling me she’s like Grumpy Cat, she isn’t. Well okay, that’s not entirely true, if sleep-deprived, hungry or unable to get caffeine, she could probably out-grump Grumpy Cat.

Aggie is Polish and I’m English and proud of my Irish heritage, but we don’t speak or type in Polish or English, we speak or type Aggieluce. Which is a very difficult language to learn as it’s incredibly random, full of in-jokes, and sayings.

Aggie likes the rain and I adore sunny days, but that’s okay, because together we create a rainbow. A magnificent colourful friendship that’s founded on mutual respect, loving each other, love of the same things – especially animals and comedy, that’s littered with rainbow-like words, hugs, kisses, smiles, laughter, and we both adore those arches of different colours that appear in the sky when rain falls and the sun is shining.

2 comments:

  1. Oh honey. I don't have your words to express the same sentiment. But that's exactly how I feel. I don't endure anything about you, I want to be with you at your worst, because it makes it so much more rewarding when I'm there at your best. There isn't a script for what we do, or don't do, there is just what happens and we just go about it our way. There are so many things that make us 'us' and I'm proud of every single one of them. Love you always xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, honey. I'm very proud of us too. Love you xxx

      Delete